Sunday, June 6, 2010

Where I've Been all Spring

“Can’t I just put anything this time?”

That’s how I felt every time I came to sit down and write another introductory sentence. My motivations to write sank to an all time low come April, yet my creative mind was racing with potential blogs, ads, montages and articles. I swear, I wanted to, but the thought of opening up another word document and facing another blank page was terrifyingly overwhelming.

Eight months of Creative Communications took my brain and twisted it, bent it, shook it and wrung out every last set of words I could possibly arrange into a grammatically correct sentence like a towel hanging from a clothes line in a violent downpour. Needless to say at the end of the downpour I needed a month or so to dry out.

But it’s summer now and it’s time to end my pity-party. I’ve got spring classes to attend, a book to write and a blog to serve – and only three months until the storm returns.

So this is my, not at all over-dramatized, way of apologizing for my absence and my way of saying I’m back and ready to sprinkle your hungry mind with some summertime dining delights and disasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment