Friday, October 9, 2009

My 5 Favourite Restaurant Dishes in the City

I confess I am the ultimate hypocrite when I complain about tables being indecisive when choosing what to eat because I am that person. I’m the terrible customer who asks the server at least 10 questions about each dish before ordering and then to make things more annoying I will not even choose the item she clarified or recommended for me to eat.

This blog is for two groups of people: the indecisive and the experimental. When it comes to my top 5 dishes around the city, I never have to think twice about what to order.

5) Thai Peanut Wrap from Saucers Café, on Academy Rd. The wrap contains chicken, peanut sauce, sprouts, carrots, and vermicelli noodles. That’s right, pasta in your wrap and don’t you doubt it!
4) Crab Cakes from Prairie Ink Restaurant and Bakery, preferably from the Grant Park mall location. P.S if you get the crab cakes ask for the spicy sambal dipping sauce – there is no better food group to add sweet and spicy to than seafood.
3) Beet and Goat Cheese Salad from Pizzeria Gusto on Academy. The goat cheese tastes like cream cheese on top of your beets, plus the crushed walnuts add a crunchy surprise.
2) Crispy Chicken Burger with Spicy Mango Salsa from Mise Restaurant on Corydon Ave. Best chicken burger in the city, hands down. Why? The chicken breast is breaded with corn flakes. Try it. You will not be disappointed.
1) Waterloo Pizza from Pizzeria Gusto. Who knew pizza could have roasted potatoes, prosciutto, ricotta cheese, and pistachios and still taste good. The classic pepperoni and mushroom is put to shame with this gourmet pizza.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you're making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mise is great, but I don't like the new location as much as the old one.

    Pizzeria Gusto: awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Thai wrap from Saucers is my ultimate favourite!!! To be honest, I haven't tried anything else on the menu because everytime I go there it's all that I want! It is so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizzeria Gusto is pretty much like heaven in Winnipeg.

    ReplyDelete