Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A blog for the starving student

You know that feeling of exhaustion after sitting in class all day? Your head hurts; your eyes are droopy; your makeup is a complete disaster; and most of all your stomach feels as though Hurricane Katrina is occurring inside of an area as small as a gofer hole. That feeling of hunger is unbearable. You want food and you want lots of food and you want lots of food fast!


So do you really want to go home and cook it as you are trying to cope with your painful headache and feelings of exhaustion? I didn't think so.

What a life saver the Falafel Place on Corydon Ave. then becomes. It saves me every time. Sure Saturday and Sunday mornings may be complete chaos in there, but on a week night they can have your food out in less than 8 minutes. Quick service isn't their only benefit as their prices for food are ridiculously low (we're talking less than ten dollars for a giant meal and drink). Next to low prices, basically everything on the menu is homemade -- I know, I've watched Ami do it. Ami, one of the owners, is great too. He always greets his customers as though they were coming to his own home for dinner. And on the weekends when the Falafel Place is jam packed with a line up, he yells what many servers wish they could yell: "Okay, now who's leaving?" I mean really what boss, manager, server can do that? And yet you had better believe that the next weekend he will have the very same jam packed line up all over again.


The food should also be noted as a student's best friend. Most of their meals consist of protein and carbs, the combination is like singing birds in the sunshine -- there are no stormy hurricanes creeping in that's for sure. Almost every time that I have ever had to write a major paper for school I will march down to the Falafel Place and order myself a falafel breakfast and a coffee. Now the falafel breakfast includes 2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast, 8 falafel balls with hummus and tzaziki sauce, AND hashbrowns (with the option of onions, garlic, and hot peppers in it too, which I recommend adding). This meal is priced at $8.75. So there, now your wallet is not broken, nor is your stomach's heart. Now your body has an excessive amount of carbohydrates inside to last you hours sitting at a desk. The protein keeps your mind sharp and your ideas flowing. And the caffeine from the coffee, well let's just say that's your back up energy in case your assignment takes longer than expected.


Tonight, I did not have a paper to write, but after a long and exhausting day quick service for a cheap price and an easy fill was all I wanted. So thank you Falafel Place for saving my life.

(Okay, okay I know that last bit might have been a hyperbolic reaction but did I mention it has been a long and exhausting day?)

5 comments:

  1. You deserved it! A good meal always soothes the soul. Just by reading your post, I can imagine that you really had an enjoyable time eating their sumptuous meal :) Yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I lived just off Corydon I always wanted to go but never made the time. I'm having some huge regrets now. But I can solve that very soon...Falafel Place, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your blog is still weirded out. On my page of Blogs I have added, it never says a post or when you did it. It always sticks right on the bottom :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, that's a good place alright.

    I'm also a big fan of the new Fazzo take-out window, just down the street.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had been to the Falafel Place when the location was closer to Kenaston. There is a good energy inside there and I always left feeling full. The coffee there is excellent. Makes me wish breakfast was ten minutes away.

    ReplyDelete